Health Business Directory - BTS Local

Salsa Chicken

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My first time on Phase 1, I had a lot of trouble coming up with meal ideas. Luckily, I have since found quite a few recipes that my family and I enjoy. This recipe for Salsa Chicken was discovered on Allrecipes.com. It is very simple to make, and easy on the pocketbook, as well. I usually serve fat free refried beans on the side (I bake them and sprinkle cheese over top).

When deciding on which salsa to use, be sure that it doesn’t have added sugar. You can tell by checking the list of ingredients. Most of the brands of salsa that I have seen in the grocery store don’t have added sugar, but a few do. Enjoy!

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (roughly 1 to 1.5 pounds)
4 teaspoons taco seasoning (more if you like, but too much makes it a little salty)
1-2 cups salsa
1 to 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream, if desired

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken breasts in lightly greased 9x11 baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken. Pour salsa over all. Bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes, or until juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream on top.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP