Health Business Directory - BTS Local

Sausage Barley Soup

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I had a lot going on these past few days, so I'm a little behind on my blogging. Thought I'd start things off with another Phase 2 recipe.

I found this recipe very recently on Allrecipes.com. I changed a few things to fit my family’s tastes, and to better fit in with the South Beach lifestyle. The original recipe called for Italian sausage instead of turkey sausage, and spinach instead of diced tomatoes. I’m not much of a soup fan, but I found this very tasty! I hope you enjoy it, as well.

Sausage Barley Soup (adapted from a recipe found on Allrecipes.com)
Servings: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 lb. turkey sausage (usually found near the kielbasa)
½ cup diced onion
1 TBSP minced garlic
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1 (48 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
2 large carrots, sliced
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup uncooked pearl barley

Directions:
Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in skillet over medium heat until sausage is evenly brown. Season with Italian seasoning. Remove from heat, drain. In slow cooker, combine sausage mixture and the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP