Health Business Directory - BTS Local

Track Your Results

Friday, January 23, 2009

Keeping records of your weight and measurements can be a powerful tool as you follow along on your weight loss journey. Records allow you to see just how much progress that you have made over time. This can offer a lot of encouragement when you feel like you’re not getting anywhere.

Charts and graphs are probably one of the best ways to track this data over time. They can be posted on a wall, refrigerator, mirror, etc. to offer a quick glimpse at your success. Charts and graphs organize the data, making it easier to record and read.

What you choose to keep track of is really up to you. Personally, I record my weight each week. I calculate how much I lost since the previous week, and how much I have lost overall. I then plot my weekly weight on a graph, which gives me an even better visual of my progress. I like to use a descending line graph because it illustrates that my weight is going down.

In addition to recording my weight, I also track my measurements. At the start of the diet, I measured my thighs, hips, waist, and upper arms. I entered these measurements into a chart, and record my measurements again every month. Sometimes our weight doesn’t reflect how much our body has changed; measurements do.

Below are examples of the charts and graph that I use to record my progress. Feel free to copy the wording and layout to make your own. If you don’t already record your results, you really should start!





Weight Loss Chart




Weight Loss Graph


Measurements Chart

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP