Health Business Directory - BTS Local

Hooray for Phase 2!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Today was the beginning of Phase 2 for me, which I am really happy about. Some people like Phase 1 so much that they don’t ever want to leave it. However, I like Phase 2 better because it opens the door to more food choices. This first week I’m allowed to have 1 serving of carbohydrates and 1 serving of fruit each day. That doesn’t seem like much, but when you haven’t had either for two weeks it’s great!

The other thing that’s nice about beginning Phase 2 is that everything tastes so much different than before. It’s almost like being limited to certain foods adds sensitivity to the taste buds. Eating fruit is like eating candy. A lot of times I’ll eat my fruit for the day with no sugar added vanilla yogurt as a dessert after dinner. It’s like having a little piece of heaven.

I’ve heard some people say that they have a little more trouble with fixing Phase 2 meals than they did with Phase 1. I think it takes a little time to think of all the recipes you can use for Phase 2. A lot of the recipes that you used before will probably work now with a little adjustment. One of my family’s favorite meals is Beef Stroganoff. In order to make it SB friendly, I now use low-fat sour cream and pour the meat mixture over whole wheat egg noodles. When I cook spaghetti, I use sauce that has no sugar added, as well as, whole wheat spaghetti. So you see, with just a few substitutions, you can eat the same meals as before. Don’t feel like you have to serve brown rice with everything—there are so many choices available, especially now that stores are selling a variety of whole grain products.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP